Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fraud

Does it make you wonder why you can go into a restaurant and order food and it come and it looks nothing like the picture in the menu? This really makes me mad because more than half the time that you get food it does not look anything like the picture. Why do we settle for less, I mean why does no one complain about it not looking like the picture? Seriously look at all the Burger King, Carl’s Jr., McDonalds commercials and menus does anyone ever get anything that looks like the picture.
Even I do not complain and I do not understand why I do not. Why should we get what we pay for? That is false advertisement. But no one cares at all. The burgers are always juicy, big, and they look so delicious, but when we receive them there all smashed together and oily. Not only in at fast food joints, but in restaurants as well. I really want to go a restaurant that all the food actually looks like they say it is.
I asked a couple of people and they all said that Carl’s Jr’s food looks the most like what is advertised. And I do agree with that but to me Carl’s Jr is more expensive than other fast food places. But I guess if you want what you really should get in the first place you must pay more. But I still do not get it why do we do this? Whose ideal is it in the first place to designs these mega burgers that are so fake? How did they know they were going to be able to get away with it? what really gets me is when I see an advertisement of this amazing burger and I go and get it and it is nothing like the picture but somehow it still taste great. I do not even realize that is nothing like the picture and there is no crunch lettuce or mega big pickles. A fat chunk of meat or that toasted bun.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true, I mean, they should at least try to make them look like the hamburgers on television. Or sometimes, when you notice on a commercial that there is a new item on the menu and when you actually go to the restaurant, you get really disappointed just looking and tasting it. It looks better then what it really tastes like. Who has not experienced this downer? You get so worked about and it does not even come close to the real thing. But it really does get us to try it, even if we already know it is not going to look like that, we still try it.

    ReplyDelete